Next show: Sweet Charity
29 Apr – 2 May 2020, Websters Theatre
After playing in the shadows this year, we’re thrilled to announce this little explosion of music, dance, light and love for 2020!
The 1960s Fosse classic about a hopelessly-romantic exotic dancer who goes searching everywhere for the love that will change her life. It’s hopeful, stylish, camp, funny, slick, silly, sexy musical theatre with heart and an edge. Pure Fosse, and the show we need right now (but have to wait til April for).
Whatever ratio actor : singer : dancer you are, we’d love to see you at one of our audition slots, 6–8 December. There’s no fee and zero pressure, we just want to meet you and see what you can do.
To request an audition pack early, get in touch with us at email@example.com, and keep an eye out for more details.
Assassins (April 2019)
“If you can’t do the things you want to, then you do the things you can.”
A five-time Tony Award-winner, Stephen Sondheim’s Assassins is a darkly comic look at the men and women of American history who took their own shot at the big time — with varying degrees of deadly success. Brought together by Sondheim’s signature style and a phenomenal script by Emmy and Tony-winning writer John Weidman (Pacific Overtures, Anything Goes, Sesame Street), nine villains take aim at their President in the name of love, rage, patriotism and the promise of the American Dream.
Bold, original, and alarmingly funny, Assassins might be the most timely musical for a Western world this divided, and for a Scotland trying to grasp it all from the sidelines.
- John Wilkes Booth: Chris McLeish
- Charles Guiteau: Luca Hlaing
- Leon Czolgosz: Richard Dalrymple
- Giuseppe Zangara: Angus Reid
- Samuel Byck: Alasdair MacRae
- Lynette ‘Squeaky’ Fromme: Anna Bryan
- Sara Jane Moore: Zoë Most
- John Hinckley: Steven McFeat
- The Balladeer/Lee Harvey Oswald: Goose Masondo
- The Proprietor: Barry Walker
- Company: Ellie Moran
- Company: Jennifer Park
- Company: Hils Paterson
- Company: Vanessa Sedgwick
- Company: Owen Davies
- Company: Ewan Macleod
- Company: Gerry McLaughlin
- Director: Andi Denny
- Musical Director: Erik Igelström
- Assistant Director: Marion Baird
- Producer: Rachel Thomson
- Assistant Producer: Kelly Johnston
- Costume Designer: Rebecca Murray